Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spaghetti Squash is the New Pasta!

I remember way back in the day my mom made spaghetti squash as a side dish and I absolutely loved it! I always forgot about this delicious food, until now! I finally bought a squash yesterday at the store and decided to cook it tonight. I figured that whatever I make with angel hair I could easily make with the squash. I roasted it in the oven at 375 degrees for an hour and 20 mins and it was perfect! While the squash was cooling off I made a brown butter sauce with sauteed onions. I know the sauce doesn't sound too healthy, but I saved 180 calories for the pasta subsititution! And isn't there a saying, "Everything is good in moderation?" Ha :) If I'm telling you to switch from spaghetti to spagehtti squash you know it must be good; just see for yourself. Oh yeah, I also added a few pieces of turkey meatballs just to amp up the flavor a little bit.

I just need to work on my plating skills ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment