Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Hobby

When people ask me what my favorite hobby is I never know what to say. The first thing that comes to my mind is walking Duncan. Is that a hobby? The only other hobby I can think of is cooking; however, I don't do it enough to really consider it a true hobby. Welp, I think I have found a new hobby that I will get really into...rock climbing! I know it sounds crazy, but I went for the first time last Thursday and had a great time! I love the challenge of trying to figure out where to place your hands and feet. Now, I don't want you all to think that I am talking about climbing on an actual rock outside. I went to an indoor place called Stone Summit. It's actually the biggest indoor rock climbing facility in the country! There is such a sense of accomplishment when you get to the top of the wall. I love setting goals and then reaching them, even if they are really small. It's kind of like if you're running and you tell yourself, "Just one more minute," and then you run that last minute and you feel so good that you were able to do it. That's the feeling you get when you go rock climbing. I have also never had such an awesome workout! It works just about every muscle in your body, and you're not even doing it to get a work out; it's the total package. I think I'm going again this weekend and I'm pretty excited about it! Hopefully it is something I get really into, and then I can have a legitimate hobby!
Stone Summit. I climbed the walls to the far left. The walls in the middle are way too challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment