Sunday, January 30, 2011

What a Tease!

You might be wondering what I am thinking is such a tease...the weather! This was the most beautiful weekend we have had in a very long time. The only problem is, it's the end of January!! If it was the end of March I would be feeling a lot better about things. I definitely savored every moment of the abnormally high January temps. I hit up the dog park at Piedmont Park on both Saturday and today. It was crazy crowded and it was actually kind of difficult to keep my eye on Dunk. He had the best time and was enjoying the weather just as much as I was. He got to go to the park again today AND I took him on a walk around Chastain. He definitely had his exercise for the day. A tired, well exercised boxer makes for a very happy and productive mom. Duncan also did quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen him do. I will try to make this story as short as possible. I was walking on the sidewalk on the street that runs alongside the golf course at Chastain when I noticed a group of about 4 people crowded around something. I thought maybe it was a runner that had fallen or something, considering it was a lot warmer than usual. When I got closer I noticed it was a dog and my stomach dropped because I really didn't want to see a dog that had just been hit by a car. As we got closer I heard someone say that the dog DID NOT get hit. What happened is the dog got loose from her owner and was running alongside the road with her leash on. Her leash got caught around a telephone pole and it yanked her backwards. I didn't see any of this happen, but was told by a witness. Well, Duncan knew that something was wrong and did everything he could to get to the very scared dog. I let Duncan go see what was up, but I was not expecting him to crouch down and lay right next to the other dog. Since I felt like he was in the way I pulled him up and began to walk away. He wasn't having that. He was pulling so hard towards the dog that I had no other choice but to let him go near her again. This time he laid right near her face (tail wagging the whole time) and then rested his head on her back. It's crazy that animals have that instinct to know when something is wrong. He wanted so badly to make her feel better and not scared anymore. The owners finally drove by, got their dog, and everyone lived happily ever after! :) It was an extremely awesome weekend, and I can't wait until more like this!

Duncan enjoying the weather!


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i love that story! i am completely obsessed with duncan...even though he can be puppy-crazy at times, he has a little doggie heart of gold!!

    ReplyDelete